Mobi Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

HEALINGSTREAMS - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* HEALINGSTREAMS > Topics

Subject: A CALL TO BE A BLESSING
Replies: 7 Views: 908

festus36 5.07.08 - 02:13am
Gen. 12:1-3. Lets read d passage from vs 2: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shall be a blessing: vs 3: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. At d end of each of those verses of scripture is d very reason why God called Abraham. and thou shall be a blessing, and in thee shall all the families of the earth be blessed. You cannot enter into d full magnitude of God's blessing 4 u, if all u do is set ur mind on being blessed alone. D capacity to be blessed is not d same as dat to be a blessing. There is a WELL BLESSING & there is a RIVER BLESSING. U obtain d first by setting ur mind on being blessed & d latter by setting ur mind on being a blessing. To cont.. *

festus36 6.07.08 - 02:52am
D WELL BLESSING is little & stagnated satisfying a household or at most a little community, but d RIVER BLESSING is great & flowing reaching out to multitude (nations). D power to fulfil being a blessing resides in us. and IN thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. Gen 12:3. We have no excuse. To be a blessing means DISPENSING GOOD TO OTHERS. D amplified version of Gen 12:2 says: And I will make of you a great nation and I will bless you [with abundant increase of FAVORS] and make your name famous and distinguished, and you will be a blessing [DISPENSING GOOD TO OTHERS.] God told all the Patriarchs this truth: Isaac, Gen 26:4. ...and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; Jacob, Gen 35:11. ..a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins. To cont.. *

2blessed 6.07.08 - 09:24pm
Seek first the kingdom of God n the rest will follow,dnt always ask God 2 bless others so dat dey can bless u,bt ask God 2 bless u so that u can bless others 2. *

festus36 7.07.08 - 08:01am
DISPENSING GOOD: Remember, this means to be a blessing. Good here doesnt necessarily mean physical substance alone, but all u do to affect lives 4 good. U should be rich, but u dont need to b4 u can be a blessing. U can be a blessing by dispensing ur time, talent & treasure. Jesus taught us to dispense our time in visiting & caring 4 d less privileged. Matt 25:36. D Lord emphasizes d use of time in John 9:4: saying I must work the works of him who sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. Paul asks us to redeem d time. Col 4:4. We've been equipped with varying & several abilities so dat we can be a blessing. God doesnt want us to live 4 ourselves alone. Pls read luke 12:13-21 & see God's reaction to a life of oneself & Eph 4:28 to see d mind of God 4 a true living. Strife to be a blessing. *

festus36 8.07.08 - 04:56am
GOD'S TREASURE, GOD'S TREASURY: D moment God called us, we became his treasure & treasury. A treasure is a valuable: gold, silver, diamond, jewellery, precious stone. Anything so highly esteemed or valued is a treasure. A place or thing u always set ur mind or heart on is a treasure. Ur affection. Matt 6:19-21. We are God's treasure & dat is why he is always so mindful of us. Psalm 8:3-6. 1peter 2:9-10. We are God's treasury: a treasury is a place where valuable & precious things are kept. We are God's bank where all his valuable assets are kept. All of God's riches are kept in us. Paul says, we have this treasure in earthen vessels... 2 cor 4:7. God has put his treasure in us so that by this we can affect our generation positively. If this generation must feel God, we must open up d treasury: we must be a blessing. *

ayua 22.07.08 - 08:25am
Whao,glory to Jesus. We have been blessed from the foundation of the world. The blessings of Abraham are ours and the bible affirms in 1cor3.21 that all THINGS are ours. So it requires us to walk in the manifestation by having the right mindset which is to be a blessing to others. Looking critically at Job, we shall discover that he became God's man by being a blessing to strangers,orphans and widows. God loves a cheerful giver because it is more blessed to give than to receive. Each seed sown has the tendency of bringing an hundred fold as in the case of Isaac. Each opportunity,therefore, you have to bless a life, please grab it. It has worked and still working for me. Keep sowing your seeds into families,ministries,individuals etc. You can decide to wash the car of a man of God as a seed,for example. Its not all about the money. Your car,shoes,clothings,food etc. All these can be sown. Finally, when we bless lives, we invest for ourselves because seed time and harvest shall not cease as long as the earth remains, says God. Notice that He did not say 'harvest time'. This implies that though sowing has a timing,your harvest can come whenever you command it. So fellow soldiers in christ, let us not be weary in well doing. Peace *

festus36 22.07.08 - 04:46pm
Yes, Ayua, tank u 4 that insightful contribution. flowers4u.GIF. *

festus36 31.08.09 - 11:58am
The world is waiting 4 u. *

* HEALINGSTREAMS Forum

Search:
topics replies

* HEALINGSTREAMS

Create Your Own App Store

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits