Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

HEALINGSTREAMS - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* HEALINGSTREAMS > Topics

Subject: ~BE FILLED~
Replies: 8 Views: 373

rider13 15.06.08 - 06:35am
Be Filled With The Holy Spirit !
The greatest need of the born again Christian is to be filled with the Holy Spirit. When we are under the control of the Holy Spirit, we will always glorify Jesus Christ. He will be exalted in our speech and in our behavior. *

rider13 15.06.08 - 06:36am
The apostle Paul issued an imperative command when he wrote, Be filled with the Spirit (Ephesians 5:18).

It is our duty and responsibility to be under the constant influence and control of the Spirit of God.

Paul used a verb in the imperative and issued a command that every Christian believer to be filled with the Holy Spirit.

rider13 15.06.08 - 06:40am
Because the Christian life is a supernatural life, the only way to live it is by means of supernatural power. No one can live the Christian life in his or her own power and natural strength because we are dead in our trespasses and sins. God must empower us to live with His power. He brings us to life, and then He indwells us and enables us to live His kind of life. When we obey His command, He gives us His presence without limit. The filling of the Holy Spirit is His enabling. *

rider13 15.06.08 - 06:41am
It is from this divine enabling that God the Spirit produces in us love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, meekness, faith, self-control, etc. He produces in us the likeness of Jesus Christ. *

rider13 15.06.08 - 06:41am
Are you under the influence? What characterizes your life? The idea behind the word fill is control. The indwelling Spirit of God is the One who should continually control and dominate the life of the believer. The present tense calls for a habitual and continual direction. The passive could be permissive passive, allow yourself to be We are commanded to be filled with the Spirit. We do not fill ourselves; the Holy Spirit does the filling! *

rider13 15.06.08 - 06:42am
The idea Paul has in mind is be constantly controlled by the Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the Agent (Gal, 5:16) and Jesus Christ is the content of the filling of the Spirit (Col.3:15).

There is no such thing as a once-for-all fullness. It is a continuous appropriation of a continuous supply from the Lord Christ Himself. It is a moment-by-moment faith in a moment-by-moment Savior, for a moment-by-moment cleansing and a moment-by-moment filling. As I trust Him, He fills me; the moment I begin to believe, that moment I begin to receive; and as long as I keep believing, praise the Lord, so long I keep receiving !

rider13 15.06.08 - 06:43am
When we are under the control of the Spirit of God, our thought life, imagination, volitional choices, and behavior will be occupied with Jesus Christ. When we are under the influence of the Holy Spirit, we go deeper and deeper into our understanding of the ways of God. Our communion with Christ is deeper and closer with each day. He will be constantly controlling our mind, emotions, and will. *

rider13 15.06.08 - 06:54am
We have all the Holy Spirit, but does the Holy Spirit have ALL of us? Are we yielded to Him? Do we keep on being filled? The command to BE FILLED should become a blessed habit to us!!! *

festus36 15.06.08 - 02:53pm
Paul d Apostle met a group of believers at Ephesus in Acts 19:1-2 and d first question he asked is have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye beleived? Paul was emphasizing d importance of D Holy Spirit in d beleivers's life. It is a must to be filled and to be filled again and again. Be not drunk with wine wherein is excess Paul says, but be filled with the Spirit. Eph 5::18. *

* HEALINGSTREAMS Forum

Search:
topics replies

* HEALINGSTREAMS

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits