HEALINGSTREAMS - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* HEALINGSTREAMS > Topics

Subject: ~*GOD IS ABLE*~
Replies: 9 Views: 285

rider13 11.06.08 - 06:08pm
How Can God Not
Freely Give Us All Things?

Since God is for us, who then can possibly stand against us?

The Psalmist wrote, In God I will trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me? (Psalms 56:11)

rider13 11.06.08 - 06:09pm
The prophet Elisha demonstrated to his companion that God is for us and can be depended upon to take care of His people. The enemy sent an army with horses, and chariots circling the city. The servant was filled with panic. What shall we do? Elisha counseled, Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them. Elisha prayed, O LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see. And the LORD opened the servants eyes, and he saw; and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha (2 Kings 6:17-18). God blinded the enemy and provided deliverance (v. 19).

rider13 11.06.08 - 06:10pm
The question that haunts many people I meet is not the fact that God is able, but is God really for us? Does He really care? Would He do the same thing for us? How can we know that the great sovereign God of the universe is actually on our side today?

God has already answered that question once and for all. We never have to ever question Gods love for us again. He who did not spare His own son but delivered Him up for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? (Romans 8:32) Since God loves us, He is also for us.

rider13 11.06.08 - 06:11pm
The apostle Paul takes us back to John 3:16. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life (John 3:16, NASB 1995).

God has demonstrated His vast love for us even while we were His enemies by sending Christ to die for us (Romans 5:8). That is love. That is Gods love for the sinner. And since I am a sinner, this qualifies me.

God delivered Him up for us all. Christ died as my substitute on the cross. He died for my sins. That is how much God loves you and me. Only in the death of Jesus Christ can we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God loves us and wants His best for each of us.

rider13 11.06.08 - 06:12pm
Because this is absolutely true without doubt, then how will He not also freely give us all things?

God loved us enough to give His very best. God loves us with an infinite love. There is nothing in the universe more precious to God than His own Son.

Romans 8:32 tells us God spared not His own Son in order that He might save us. It is at the cross of Jesus that we see demonstrated the love of God. He loved us to the extent that He made Christ the Divine Substitute and laid on Him all our sins. God did not spare anything. He poured out on His own Son His wrath against our sin.

rider13 11.06.08 - 06:13pm
Gods love for us is beyond measure. Jesus loved us so much that He was made sin for us and actually bore the wrath of God against sin as our substitute (2 Cor. 5:21). He died in our place (Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:6, 8). God delivered Him up to death on the cross that we might be spared. Jesus bore the wrath of God that we might never have to bear it. God delivered Jesus up for us. God loves us so much that He spared not His own Son (Isa. 55:4; Acts 2:23; John 1:29).

The apostle argued that if God loves us this much, then He will most certainly not withhold anything we need to fulfill His eternal purpose of redemption.

rider13 11.06.08 - 06:14pm
He used a verb describing the offering of Isaac in Genesis 22:16. You have not withheld your son, your only son. When asked where was the burnt offering for the sacrifice, Abraham answered, Isaac, the Lord will provide . . . In the mount of the LORD it will be provided (v.14). And God did provide the ultimate sacrifice at mount Calvary.

He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? (Romans 8:32)

rider13 11.06.08 - 06:15pm
What are all things? We know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose (v. 28). He is making us like Jesus Christ.

God causes all things your desperate cir tances, your crushing trials, your unbearable persecutions, and your extreme hardships in life to make you conform to the character of Jesus Christ. And He will continue to use these things in your life to accomplish that good.

rider13 11.06.08 - 06:17pm
Out of Gods great love, He will freely give us all things. Jesus Christ was the greatest Thing God had to give. Since God did that, is there anything He can possibly withhold? (Phil. 4:19)

The cross proves the generous grace of God. Since God gave the greatest of possible gifts in the giving of His Son, we can depend upon Him to give us all the lesser gifts.

festus36 12.06.08 - 12:58am
Wow! What an immense & immeasurable love. My prayer 4 us all is this: just like Paul prayed in Eph. 3:17-19 ...that we will be rooted and grounded in this love and be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breath, and length, and depth, and height; and to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that we might be filled with all the fulness of God. God will grant us d answer to this prayer in d Name of Jesus. *

* HEALINGSTREAMS Forum

Search:
topics replies

* HEALINGSTREAMS

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits